Friday, May 02, 2008

An odd, bejeweled, funeral service

I was at a funeral for someone, a blond younger guy, a friend of my dad. I think he might have been German. He had died, and we were in an attic-like room with a bad tan rug having the funeral service. One wall of the room was lined by mahogany-colored books of different series. One series was all the different personality types, a set of about 12, each book about a different personality type. There was another, similar, set of books, but I didn't know what they were about.

My dad asked my brother to go up and play the piano and he did, but he only knew rousing Broadway and jazz music. My dad asked him to play something slower, and my brother felt a little embarrassed, but did anyway. Unfortunately, the piece that he started playing was only a little less rousing than before. I felt bad for my brother, since he clearly had only memorized a few songs for the service.

A team of people was creaing some sort of art memorial nearby in the room, and they were gluing large plastic jewels of all sizes to loops and circles of glue on a large structure made with white walls. It was supposedly designed in the Greek style, but I thought it just looked tacky and felt bad for the dead person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home