Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sayonara, Sleater-Kinney

Sleater-Kinney was playing one of their last shows at an outdoor venue. I was sitting with a friend on the grass near the front of the stage trying to enjoy the show without getting too sad.

The strange thing was, Sleater-Kinney was only playing these J-Pop cheesy kids' songs in Japanese, and the audience was largely Japanese teenagers and preteens instead of their usual crowd of hipsters, sensitive men, and bald lesbians. Plus, the Japanese teenagers were slowly getting up and leaving as the concert progressed.

Without warning, I just started crying like there was no tomorrow (since there really wasn't one). I couldn't stop myself, and one of the band members came over to try and calm me down. She explained that she understood -- that I was channeling all the sadness from the band's breakup -- and she thanked me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51LoO0EcxPL._SS500_.jpg

Keep posting!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home