Friday, March 31, 2006

Corn Land

I was on a cruise ship and walked out on the balcony to note that a Ted airplane had crashed and was floating below our boat, easily seen from a pool-like opening to the ocean in the middle of the boat. No one seemed concerned.

There was heightened concern, however, when we docked and realized America had turned into Corn Land, with propaganda posters everywhere highlighting the importance and stolidness of Corn Land. We were unable to find any new inhabitants of Corn Land, not until they kidnapped us and herded us into a circular room with a padded floor with other Americans that had stumbled into Corn Land.

I looked around for Farhad, but he had somehow evaded captivity and disappeared, perhaps to work on his blog. My entire residency class was there, and they took this as an opportunity to finally set me up with my kind, brilliant, whip-cracking, and terrifying blood bank attending. I felt this matchmaking to be entirely inappropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home