Sunday, May 04, 2008

The best dream I've had in a long time

I met Mark Twain's dog. He was large, brown, cute, and strangely, still alive and well. He was living in a wooden cabin with his puppies, who were also brown and cute. Only a few of them were there, and others were wandering around outside. There was a plaque on the wall of the cabin that somehow gave proof that this dog had actually belonged to Mark Twain. I felt, as I petted Mark Twain's dog, this sense of peace and calm that always escapes me in waking life, like everything was in place and how it should be. I didn't want to leave.

When I had finished petting the dog and decided to leave, I saw a display of souvenir boxes that contained various potpourri scents that were used to fragrance the room for tourists. There were four scents, one for how the room was scented for each season. I really wanted to buy one so that the smell could remind me of the feeling I had in the room, but then I found out that the box was 30 bucks, which I thought was too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home